The following candidates are eligible for the Master's degree programme in Pharmaceutical Biotechnology:
- Graduates of class L-2, as well as the corresponding classes pursuant to Ministerial Decree 509/99;
- Graduates of other classes, provided they meet the following requirements:
- at least 9 academic credits (CFU) across the following subject areas (SSD): CHIM/01, CHIM/03 and/or CHIM/06;
- at least 12 academic credits (CFU) across the following subject areas (SSD): BIO/10, BIO/11 and/or BIO/13;
- at least 6 academic credits (CFU) in the following subject area: (SSD): BIO/14;
- at least 6 academic credits (CFU) across the following subject areas (SSD): BIO/09, BIO/16 and/or MED/04;
- Holders of a qualification obtained abroad and recognized as suitable who prove that they have acquired the same level of knowledge and skills in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, pharmacology and physiology, as specified above.
In addition to curricular requirements, admission to the programme is subject to an assessment test. Curricular requirements will be assessed by an admissions board appointed by the Academic Board and composed of at least 3 faculty members, based on the candidate's previous academic records, and possibly an interview. The curricular assessment will ascertain the level of knowledge (credits earned and grade achieved) in the following subjects: general and inorganic chemistry (CHIM/03), analytical chemistry (CHIM/01) and organic chemistry (CHIM/06); biochemistry (BIO/10), molecular biology (BIO/11) and biology (BIO/13); pharmacology (BIO/14); anatomy (BIO/16), physiology (BIO/09) and pathology (MED/04). Please note that the knowledge of the aforementioned disciplines may also have been achieved by attending single courses.
The interview, if any, may be held in person (in the classrooms of the Department of Pharmacological and Biomolecular Sciences, Via Balzaretti 9, Milan) or online.
Upcoming graduates are also eligible for the interview.
The dates, time and place of in-person interviews will be posted to the degree programme website: https://biotecnologiafarmaco.cdl.unimi.it/en
The interview dates will be agreed by e-mail with individual candidates.
Proficiency in English at a B2 level or higher, under the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), is required for admission.
The B2-level requirement will be ascertained by the University Language Centre (SLAM) upon admission as follows:
- Language certificate obtained no more than 3 years earlier, of B2 or higher (for the list of language certificates recognized by the University, see the website: https://www.unimi.it/en/node/39267/). The certificate must be uploaded when submitting the online application;
- Language proficiency achieved over a Bachelor's degree programme of the University of Milan through SLAM. The test must have been passed within the last four years. Our offices will perform an internal check, without the applicant having to attach any statements;
- Placement test delivered by SLAM. The test schedule will be posted to the website: https://www.unimi.it/en/node/39267/. All those who fail to submit a valid certificate or do not meet the language proficiency requirement will be invited to the test through the admission procedure.
Candidates who do not sit or pass the placement test will have until 31 October 2022 to obtain and submit a recognized certificate to SLAM.
Students who do not meet the requirement by 31 October will not be admitted to the Master's degree programme and may not sit further tests.
In case of transfer from another degree programme or from another university, the procedures for admission to years subsequent to Year I will be set out by the Academic Board.
For further details, see the section: "How to enrol".
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
The University provides:
- A no tax area for students on track with exams and not on track with exams for one year with ISEE certification until 20.000 €.
- Fees exemption on account of merit, income or disability, or if they meet other specific requirements;
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements;
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad;
The University also provides:
- Part-time study
- Financial aid, refectory service, accommodation,
- Awards and scholarships
Admission, ranking and enrolment
- Registrar office - contacts
- Online information desk InformaStudenti (please register for the first access)
- International students: welcome desk
- Students with disabilities
- Students with SLD
Programme tutoring and contacts